I don’t know about the rest of the nation, but Barbeque is big business in Southern Illinois. Contests abound and this weekend is no exception. Janice and I will be in Murphysboro (home of 17th Street Barbeque) shortly, cheering on nephew and niece Chuck and Jenny as they compete. Chuck built his own smoker and is mastering the art of really good ribs, chicken, bbq chili, fatties, mountain man breakfast and brisket. Of course we will do more than cheer…we will eat, probably too much. Janice and I have helped sponsor Chuck and Jenny and are looking forward to a great time. By the way, Cast’n Que is Chuck’s trade name, representing the use of cast iron cookery in producing great barbeque.
Remember Cast’n Que. They may be famous some day.
Posts I have enjoyed this week:
- Why You Shouldn’t Use a Credit Card at FaithFitnessFinance…Branden gives some solid reasons (that many don’t think of) to avoid credit card use.
- How to Prioritize Your Debt Repayment Plan at Moolanomy…Miranda Marquit shares the importance of prioritizing debt payments and gives great hints of different ways to do so.
- More Reasons to Pay Off Credit Card Debt at Debt Free Adventure…As people are avoiding credit, the credit card industry is fighting back. Matt shares what the snakes are up to and how to steer clear of their tactics. Read Matt’s follow up post and cast your vote on what to do with your credit cards.
- Don’t Forget These Last Minute Tax Breaks for 2009 at Good Financial Cents…Jeff shares some great tax breaks, many applicable for this year only. This is a post that everyone should read…and read again.
- Cash For Appliances Government Stimulus Rebate Program at Bible Money Matters…Now that Cash for Clunkers is done, our government is going to give cash for old appliances. And you don’t even have to trade them in. Peter explains it all in this post.
- Why Should I Sign Up For The 10 Day Give? at Christian PF… If you are like me, giving just doesn’t come naturally. Sometimes I need an extra boost so I signed up. Read Bob’s post for great reasons to sign up. These 10 days could be life changing.