photo credit: Mutasim B. Pritam [EWU] [Non-DSLR]
My prayer time this morning was filled with thanksgiving as I read an upbeat “Caring Bridge” report on how well Austin, a ten month old baby born with serious physical defects, is doing. I also requested a miracle for Mark, a man in our church who has been fighting a brain tumor. I learned later this morning that Mark lost that fight, leaving a wife and college age daughter behind. I remember thanking God for answering our prayers for Austin. But in my finite wisdom, am I supposed to believe that our prayers for Mark have gone unheeded? I just can’t believe that.
At this moment, I do not desire to dig into a theological discussion of answered prayer. All I can think of is that God is love and I am glad that he is in control. Some day, not today, all will be made clear. In the meantime, my job is not to understand, but to trust.
Posts I have enjoyed reading this week:
- How to Become a Certified Financial Planner at Good Financial Cents
- Introduction to Peer to Peer Lending at Bible Money Matters
- Banks That Put You First at Kiplinger.com
- 10 Things I’ve Learned in 4 Years of Real Estate Investing at Moolanomy
- Making Money Writing for Hubpages at Christian PF
- Is Cash Dead? 10 Places You Will Still Need It at Fiscal Fizzle